The coffee: Arabica beans are the more quality choice due to their delicate flavor and low acidity. The flavor of dark-roasted beans is strong, smoky, and sometimes spicy. The grind: Grind the beans on a coarse setting. The water: Mineral or filtered water is the best to start with. Normally hard tap water tastes really …
Are you also in love with the Starbucks Collector Series Mugs? My favorites are the City Relief Mugs, but I also love the Genuine Starbucks Seasonal Green Mug series as well.
If you are looking for a great cup here is the list of options you can choose from:
- City, State, and Country Mugs
- Non-City Mugs
They also make great collectibles since
Starbucks Minneapolis/St.Paul mug 1994 edition sold on eBay for over 2000 USD
Starbucks North Island mug 2008 Global Icon Series sold on eBay for 6000 USD – Pretty Impressive huh?
Before the Frappuccino is blended, baristas add the flavoring ingredients. Any syrups and dry ingredients can be mixed for a unique Frappuccino.
Sugar -free syrup alternatives:
- Sugar-free Vanilla
- Sugar-free Caramel
- Sugar-free Cinnamon Dolce
- Sugar-free Hazelnut
- Sugar-free Peppermint (seasonal)
- Sugar-free Mocha
Seasonal syrups and topping:
- Caramel Brulee
- Pumpkin Spice
- Dark Caramel Sauce (also as topping)
Syrups and inclusions
- Cinnamon Dolce
- Toffee Nut
- White Mocha
- Caramel Brulee
- Pumpkin Spice
- Dark Caramel Sauce
- Tazo Chai
- Teavana Oprah Chai
- Vanilla Bean Powder
- Java Chips
Frappuccino is Starbucks’ line of iced, blended coffee drinks.
The recipe today consists of brewed coffee, ice, and other additives such as milk, sugar, flavored syrups, and whipped cream.
Frappuccino is a lovechild of “frappe” (the New England name for a milkshake with ice cream), and cappuccino. It comes in the below variations:
- Non-dairy alternatives
- Juice blends
In the early years, a Starbucks frappuccino was made with the frappuccino base.
Is there a hot Frappuccino available? No – since the texture is achieved by blending the drink itself with ice.
Frappuccinos are only available in the three sizes: Tall, Grande, and Venti.
Espresso is a concentrated coffee beverage brewed by forcing a small amount of nearly boiling water under pressure through finely ground coffee beans resulting into high concentration of caffeine and perhaps a bit of crem.
Brewed espresso has 2.5% fat, while filtered coffee contains 0.6% fat.
Latte is espresso and steamed milk
Mocha is espresso and hot steamed milk with cocoa powder, chocolate syrup or any other type of chocolaty addition
Cappuccino is espresso, hot milk and steamed milk foam
Decaf coffee contains no (or very little) caffeine
Americano is hot water added to espresso
Irish coffee is espresso with a tablespoon brown sugar, 3 tablespoon Irish whiskey and heavy cream, slightly whipped
On the go but still dying for a hot cup of coffee? A Travel mug is here for the rescue!
Coffee to go?
Our caffeinated geek hit list:
- Starbucks Zombie Frappuccino
- Harry Potter’s Butterbeer Frappuccino
- Peanut Butter Cup Frappuccino
Wanna know how to Froth Milk in the Microwave?
It is ideal for Cappuccinos or to impress your friends during an office coffee break.
- Pour the milk into the glass jar. Full fat milk won’t froth easily – use 2% or low-fat version.
- Put the lid on and shake well
- Microwave without the lid for 30 seconds
- Ready to serve! Use the foam right away
Wanna step up your milk foam game?
Invest in an automatic milk frother and learn to pour it slowly from YouTube videos. It is free and FUN!
- A pinch of cinnamon or a few drops of vanilla will add a delicate flavor to your coffee – add it right to the pot while it’s brewing
- Grind your own beans, you get coffee full of fresh taste and natural aroma from the oils still intact!
- Good coffee requires great water. Try using bottled water to brew your coffee.
- Full flavor comes with dark roast
- Use a French Press for more gradual brewing
A Starbucks Iced caramel macchiato is made with vanilla syrup then the barista adds milk, then espresso, and is finished with a special crosshatched pattern of caramel drizzle.
Starbucks Golden Tipp: no need to swirl!